Saving $$ and energy in your home
The great thing about saving energy in your home is that there are lots of options – from tasks as simple as finding and sealing cracks and gaps and remembering to cover pans when you’re boiling water, all the way up to insulating your attic or walls.
MoCo Energy Challenge offers free Energy Assessments to residents, whether you rent or own. Appointments typically last between an hour and an hour and a half. Our volunteers walk you through a checklist of energy saving tasks and perform basic tasks such as cleaning refrigerator coils and insulating hot water pipes. If you would like to request an assessment, fill out this form.
To take part in the Challenge, you just need to start somewhere.
- View this EPA DIY Home Sealing Guide.
- Check out your utility’s rebate programs on our Helpful Links page. $450 rebates for attic insulation, cheap LED bulbs, and more.
- Take on one energy-saving action each month with our Task of the Month program
- Take steps to make your home energy efficient
- Take a pledge to save energy
- Tips from the Department of Energy
- See how your home stacks up HERE
- Take the Residential Survey on barriers to energy efficiency