What Are Energy Ambassadors?
Energy Ambassadors are ACTIVE CONNECTORS between MCEC and the County’s diverse populations and geographic areas. Ambassadors will:
- Participate in a half-day training covering the details of the Challenge effort, basic energy efficiency facts and techniques, and outreach strategies
- Commit to 2-4 hours of volunteer work per month in support of the Challenge
- In partnership with the MCEC Engagement Committee, develop an outreach strategy for a target population (to be agreed upon by the Ambassador and MCEC)
- Provide feedback to the Engagement Committee about effectiveness of outreach efforts
- Coordinate activities with the EnergyMobile, an energy-efficient vehicle that travels to neighborhoods throughout the county to share energy efficiency materials and information and provide technical assistance to local residents
- Receive certification and recognition for their participation in and contribution to the Challenge upon completion of at least three months of Ambassador activities