Congratulations to the 19 local childcare providers that completed energy assessments with the MCEC and were recognized at the 2017 Early Childhood Excellence Awards on April 24th.
The Monroe County Energy Challenge partners with Monroe Smart Start to help local, home-based childcare centers improve energy efficiency, reduce energy costs, and their impact on the environment! Beginning in February 2016, participating home providers received free weatherization, LED light bulbs, faucet aerators to and more to help them to reduce home energy and water use and save money on utility costs.
By pairing improved environmental quality with improved childcare, local children and their families are healthier, safer and more likely to prosper in the future.MCEC honorees awarded at the 2016 Monroe Smart Start Early Childhood Excellence Awards. Photo credit: Monroe County Community Foundation
Providers that completed energy assessments and made energy efficiency improvements were recognized at the Early Childhood Excellence Awards:
- Marcella Ettinger, Director, Rise and Shine Child Care
- Jenny Dittfach, Owner, Jenny’s Place
- Noel Hanson, Owner, Kid Angles Early Education School: Monkey House, Kid Angles Early Education School: Butterfly Bungalow
- Linda Jackson, Owner, Jack and Jill Daycare
- Marianna Edmonds-Hogue, Owner, Cookie Club Daycare
- Jackie Perez, Owner, Little Peeps
- The Kabbage Patch Kids
- Teeter Totter
- Nana’s Playhouse Daycare
- Bloomington Language Child Care
- NEST at New Hope
- Little Angels
- Joyful beginnings
- Building Blocks #1
- Building Blocks #2
- Building Blocks #3
- Love & Learn
Read more and see the complete list of 2016 honorees: http://bit.ly/1VMyGnN. More information about the 2017 honorees will be posted soon!