Energy Leader Achievements:
- During the summer, she keeps her thermostat set above 75 degrees all the time and has a programmable thermostat.
- She washes her clothes in cold water and regularly air dries them
- Had an energy assessment completed and air sealed all of her windows and doors
- She also consistently ensures that Global Gifts, her workplace is saving energy as well!
We are so proud to have such an inspiring woman in our community!
Know someone in the community who is making a huge difference? The Energy Leader award is presented to individuals that have shown significant achievements in energy efficiency and sustainability in Monroe County. Help us recognize these community all-stars by nominating an Energy Leader today!
Energy Leader Criteria:
To be considered for an Energy Leader award, individuals must display commitment to one or more of the following areas that have resulted in meaningful outcomes (on any scale):
– Improving home energy efficiency
– Sharing energy saving knowledge within the community
– Developing or utilizing innovative energy saving techniques
– Energy Ambassador certification or a member of a MCEC committee dedicated to reducing energy consumption in Monroe County.
Know an Energy Leader? Click here to make a nomination