Allan was nominated as an Energy Leader because of his long term dedication to improving his home energy efficiency, sharing solar knowledge, and actively helping community members to reduce their energy usage.
Energy Leader Achievements:
- For many years, Allan has represented his congregation in Earth Care, a nonprofit bringing Hoosiers of faith together to help curb global climate change.
- In addition to making his house as efficient as possible, Allan had a 3.5KW photovoltaic array installed on his home in August 2011.
- Allan usually rides his bikes to meetings and errands, in all kinds of weather, as well as riding many miles for pleasure, and is the blog editor and an active member of the Bloomington Bicycle Club.
- Active for environmental causes for many years, on September 21st2014 Allan rode in a bus with a group from Bloomington to take part in the People’s Climate March in New York City in support of the UN Climate Summit.
We are so proud to have such an inspiring man in our community!
Know someone in the community who is making a huge difference? The Energy Leader award is presented to individuals that have shown significant achievements in energy efficiency and sustainability in Monroe County. Help us recognize these community all-stars by nominating an Energy Leader today!
Energy Leader Criteria:
To be considered for an Energy Leader award, individuals must display commitment to one or more of the following areas that have resulted in meaningful outcomes (on any scale):
– Improving home energy efficiency
– Sharing energy saving knowledge within the community
– Developing or utilizing innovative energy saving techniques
– Energy Ambassador certification or a member of a MCEC committee dedicated to reducing energy consumption in Monroe County.
Know an Energy Leader? Click here to make a nomination