Energy Leader Achievements:
- Has all energy efficient appliances and products including a 97% efficient furnace
- She replaced 2 entry doors with well-insulated ones and installed a storm door that converts to a screen in the summer.
- She regularly maintains her furnace, air conditioner, and filter replacements, as well as re-caulkes or re-paints the window trim every few years to keep the windows sealed.
- She dries clothes outside or, when weather is a problem, on racks inside.
- She keeps a water barrel for watering plants and composts appropriate food waste, which enriches her soil.
- She’s a member of Bring Your Bag Bloomington, with the goal of reducing the number of plastic single-use shopping bags
- She walks whenever feasible
We are so proud to have such an inspiring woman in our community!
Know someone in the community who is making a huge difference? The Energy Leader award is presented to individuals that have shown significant achievements in energy efficiency and sustainability in Monroe County. Help us recognize these community all-stars by nominating an Energy Leader today!
Energy Leader Criteria:
To be considered for an Energy Leader award, individuals must display commitment to one or more of the following areas that have resulted in meaningful outcomes (on any scale):
– Improving home energy efficiency
– Sharing energy saving knowledge within the community
– Developing or utilizing innovative energy saving techniques
– Energy Ambassador certification or a member of a MCEC committee dedicated to reducing energy consumption in Monroe County.
Know an Energy Leader? Click here to make a nomination