Energy Leader Achievements:
- Installed additional insulation, a WiFi enabled thermostat, LED lighting and upgraded to energy efficient appliances. They also installed Low-E (low emissivity) coating on their windows to improve thermal efficiency
- Helped to coordinate an energy assessment blitz in their neighborhood in May
- Coordinated MOCO presentations for local church groups
- Pete participates in SIREN Going Solar programs and visits future solar owners to share insight on solar feasibility for their homes.
- He is also a Hoosier Interfaith Power and Light educator liaison with churches on the H-IPL program, “Using Energy Prudently”.
- He provides consultation for churches to reduce energy usage, develop upgrade options and cost justification for more difficult ceiling fixtures and solar panels.
We are so proud to have such an inspiring couple in our community!
Know someone in the community who is making a huge difference? The Energy Leader award is presented to individuals that have shown significant achievements in energy efficiency and sustainability in Monroe County. Help us recognize these community all-stars by nominating an Energy Leader today!
Energy Leader Criteria:
To be considered for an Energy Leader award, individuals must display commitment to one or more of the following areas that have resulted in meaningful outcomes (on any scale):
– Improving home energy efficiency
– Sharing energy saving knowledge within the community
– Developing or utilizing innovative energy saving techniques
– Energy Ambassador certification or a member of a MCEC committee dedicated to reducing energy consumption in Monroe County.
Know an Energy Leader? Click here to make a nomination