Congratulations to Madi Hirschland for becoming an MCEC Energy Leader!
Madi was nominated as an Energy Leader because she inspires the community and local youth to be energy conscious, active citizens.
Energy Leader Achievements:
- Installed solar panels, which have reduced both electricity and natural gas energy use in her home
- Helped found the local and statewide interfaith groups Earth Care and Hoosier Interfaith Power and Light, for which she wrote several grants that helped fund solar panels for two dozen Indiana congregations
- She mentored her daughter and other young adults to take action in our community and beyond. They formed the group ICEY (Interfaith Community of Environmentalist Youth), which has been recognized as an Energy Leader in its own right
We are so proud to have such an inspiring woman in our community!
Know someone in the community who is making a huge difference? The Energy Leader award is presented to individuals that have shown significant achievements in energy efficiency and sustainability in Monroe County. Help us recognize these community all-stars by nominating an Energy Leader today!
Energy Leader Criteria:
To be considered for an Energy Leader award, individuals must display commitment to one or more of the following areas that have resulted in meaningful outcomes (on any scale):
– Improving home energy efficiency
– Sharing energy saving knowledge within the community
– Developing or utilizing innovative energy saving techniques
– Energy Ambassador certification or a member of a MCEC committee dedicated to reducing energy consumption in Monroe County.
Know an Energy Leader? Click here to make a nomination