Kathy was nominated as an Energy Leader because of her dedication to energy reduction and her efforts to get solar panels for her church this spring.
Energy Leader Achievements:
- During a home energy assessment she discovered that her attic required additional insulation and hired Advance Energy Solutions (AES) to install insulation and seal the attic.
- AES is the only contractor in Monroe County who can apply for both Duke and Vectren rebates for attic insulation ($700 combined rebate). AES also offers a 10% discount in support of MCEC
- When Kathy recently had to re-side her house she used the opportunity to install insulation in the walls, in an uninsulated space at the top of the lower level walls and in the crawl space, further reducing her use of fossil fuels to heat and cool her home.
- At her church, she is part of a committee working toward adding solar panels to their church building this spring.
We are so proud to have such an inspiring woman in our community!
Know someone in the community who is making a huge difference? The Energy Leader award is presented to individuals that have shown significant achievements in energy efficiency and sustainability in Monroe County. Help us recognize these community all-stars by nominating an Energy Leader today!
Energy Leader Criteria:
To be considered for an Energy Leader award, individuals must display commitment to one or more of the following areas that have resulted in meaningful outcomes (on any scale):
– Improving home energy efficiency
– Sharing energy saving knowledge within the community
– Developing or utilizing innovative energy saving techniques
– Energy Ambassador certification or a member of a MCEC committee dedicated to reducing energy consumption in Monroe County.
Know an Energy Leader? Click here to make a nomination