Alex was nominated as an Energy Leader because of his creative energy efficiency improvements and dedication to energy conservation in the community.
Energy Leader Achievements:
- Designed his own energy efficient, custom-built gaming PC
- Installed high efficiency lighting and an Ecobee3 smart WiFi thermostat
- Performed an energy assessment and completed small amounts of necessary sealing
- Added thick curtains to help maintain interior temperatures
- Installed a low-flow showerhead and outlet gaskets around the house
- Is a member of the MCEC Residential Committee
We are so proud to have such an inspiring member in our community!
Know someone in the community who is making a huge difference? The Energy Leader award is presented to individuals that have shown significant achievements in energy efficiency and sustainability in Monroe County. Help us recognize these community all-stars by nominating an Energy Leader today!
Energy Leader Criteria:
To be considered for an Energy Leader award, individuals must display commitment to one or more of the following areas that have resulted in meaningful outcomes (on any scale):
– Improving home energy efficiency
– Sharing energy saving knowledge within the community
– Developing or utilizing innovative energy saving techniques
– Energy Ambassador certification or a member of a MCEC committee dedicated to reducing energy consumption in Monroe County.
Know an Energy Leader? Click here to make a nomination