Haley was nominated as an Energy Leader due to her enthusiasm for volunteering and her achievements in weatherization! After learning how to weatherize a home, she put her new skills to use to improve comfort and to reduce energy use in the community!
Energy Leader Achievements:
- Haley is a member of the South Central Community Action Program’s first Weatherization class
- With her new weatherization skills, she sealed up her son’s room and her mother’s new apartment to help save energy and increase their comfort
- She volunteered on Valentine’s Day during a snowstorm to help weatherize additional houses
- Haley also volunteers to bring others who don’t have transportation to class
- She has been an enthusiastic member of our program and is a great ambassador for MCEC and SCCAP
We are so proud to have such an inspiring woman in our community!
Know someone in the community who is making a huge difference? The Energy Leader award is presented to individuals that have shown significant achievements in energy efficiency and sustainability in Monroe County. Help us recognize these community all-stars by nominating an Energy Leader today!
Energy Leader Criteria:
To be considered for an Energy Leader award, individuals must display commitment to one or more of the following areas that have resulted in meaningful outcomes (on any scale):
– Improving home energy efficiency
– Sharing energy saving knowledge within the community
– Developing or utilizing innovative energy saving techniques
– Energy Ambassador certification or a member of a MCEC committee dedicated to reducing energy consumption in Monroe County.
Know an Energy Leader? Click here to make a nomination