Caryn was nominated as an Energy Leader because of her dedication to reducing home energy use and helping to get student athletes involved in the Challenge!
Energy Leader Achievements:
- Improved her home energy efficiency through a MCEC energy assessment
- Helped to make IU Athletics a MCEC Workplace Partner
- Installed a Nest thermostat
- Insulated hot water pipes in the basement and installed insulation in the outlets of outer walls
- Has been diligent about turning off the lights and reminding her children to do the same!
We are so proud to have such an inspiring woman in our community!
Know someone in the community who is making a huge difference? The Energy Leader award is presented to individuals that have shown significant achievements in energy efficiency and sustainability in Monroe County. Help us recognize these community all-stars by nominating an Energy Leader today!
Energy Leader Criteria:
To be considered for an Energy Leader award, individuals must display commitment to one or more of the following areas that have resulted in meaningful outcomes (on any scale):
– Improving home energy efficiency
– Sharing energy saving knowledge within the community
– Developing or utilizing innovative energy saving techniques
– Energy Ambassador certification or a member of a MCEC committee dedicated to reducing energy consumption in Monroe County.
Know an Energy Leader? Click here to make a nomination